Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Slow down!

I faithfully read a couple of blogs, one of which is written by a new friend of mine that has 2 year old triplets. She offers great inspiration in her writing and today her blog really spoke to me. She posted a quote from Anna Quindlen about parenting and it is very insightful (sorry to copy you JenMom, I just couldn't resist):

"The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make while doing this. I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three of them sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4 and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." (Anna Quindlen)

Our lives have been completely out of control lately and I've been incredibly stressed out. I certainly have been guilty of just trying to get through the day and not taking time to enjoy my girls enough. Hopefully by reading this and thinking about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family I can re-focus and chill out a little bit. I truly have so much to be thankful for!!!!


Here are some funny pictures of the girls:

This one is what I call "oompa-loompa" Molly. She and Sadie were playing in make-up and got a little carried away with the purple eyeshadow?? lipstick??--honestly I'm not really sure what it was supposed to be. . . . by the way, it took about 5 baths of washing her hair 3 or 4 times to get their hair clean. . . .







The girls had an "art show" at their school last week to showcase some of the things they have made throughout the year. It was really cute, and as you can tell, Molly was quite proud of herself. She loves her art!



No comments: