Monday, December 18, 2006

Holidays are upon us!

If I thought it was hard to find time to write in this blog before. . . . well now I'm really behind. We've been so busy this year and I'm trying to slow down and enjoy everything because I know next year will be different. It all seems very bittersweet, I am very happy about Kelly finishing his residency and having more family time, but we will be moving farther away from my family who have been my support and my lifeline through this long process.

As soon as the holidays are over, we will be putting our house up for sale and looking for a new one. While I am VERY excited about a new house, alot has happened in our humble little home. We went through both pregnancies and brought both of the girls home from the hospital here. They were both baptised here and had their first birthday parties in this house. Although there are many things I won't miss about this place, I think I am more attached than I would like to admit.

Anyway, the girls are SO excited about Christmas. We have a busy week ahead of us, but I think it's going to be a blast. Molly has her school party today and Sadie has hers on Thursday. Molly, Libby and I made the most adorable snowman cupcakes for her class.




I know in a few days I won't be able to use the "Santa's watching you, you better behave" line, and I am not so happy about that. Molly takes it very seriously, it has been great to use on her. Sadie just ignores me, and puts herself in timeout. I don't think timeout is going to be an effective form of discipline for Sadie, I'm not sure what we are going to do with her. . . .

No comments: