Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fun with Aunt Bibi. . .

Molly and Libby


My sister Libby (A.K.A., Aunt "Bibi") has one of the kindest hearts of anyone I know. She is always offering to help with my girls and gives up a day of her time every week (and drives across the city) to keep the girls while I work. I think without her, I would have lost my mind in the last few years. When I was pregnant with Molly she moved in with us while attending college and was planning to keep Molly when I went back to work full time. I had a change of heart (and a complete breakdown) when I tried to leave Molly to go to work, and I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home for a while. Libby has sinced moved out and is now married, but still visits us several times a week. She is very generous with her time and means the world to all of us. I hope when she has children I will be able to somehow repay her for all she has done for me.


The girls get so excited when Libby is coming over, they greet her at the door screaming and jumping around. Libby loves to do creative and often very messy projects with Molly and Sadie, and they LOVE it! She just jumps in and lets them make a huge mess and they have a blast. This particular activity was painting pumpkins and using glitter. The painting only began AFTER she hauled the girls to three stores looking for pumpkins (which is a feat in itself!). You can tell from the pictures that they had a ton of fun!!! I'm just glad she decided this was a good activity to do outside :-). By the way, she got the idea from Martha Stewart---I wonder if Martha looked like Sadie and Molly when she got done painting her pumpkins????


No comments: