Monday, October 02, 2006

Preschool Cooties. . . .

Molly and Sadie are kids that RARELY get sick. So rare that Molly has been on antibiotics once and Sadie never has. I will say that the fact that their Daddy is a doctor keeps us from visiting the pediatrician unless absolutely necessary. He doesn't get worked up about anything health related unless it is pretty serious. I like to say that the girls would have to have blood shooting out of their eyes and their ears in order for him to be concerned. (It's not that he doesn't care, he just sees much more serious problems than a sore throat or a runny nose!)

But, since the girls have started preschool (three weeks ago) they have both been sick--Sadie is working on her second illness. This does not make for a fun experience for anyone involved! I also feel like I am wasting a ton of money since Sadie has missed 50% of her school in the past two weeks. In some ways I feel like it's my fault for not exposing them to enough situations with other kids until now, they obviously don't have the immune systems to handle all the germs associated with a room full of kids. I will admit, they've been a little sheltered, but it's not something I am sorry about---I think they are quite lucky kids! I do work part-time, but on those days either "Aunt Bibi" or "Granna" (my Mom) stays with them. We have been fortunate enough to not have to put them in daycare. In fact, I was telling someone the other day that we have never had to pay a babysitter!!!!!!!! We always have family around to help out, which means the world to us (and the girls!).




These are pictures of what we did today in order to keep us all sane while we were stuck in the house sick. A bath is always a good distraction for the girls, it is often the cure for the "witching hour" (any of you that have children know what time I'm referring to!), my Mother-in-Law calls it the "arsenic hour", which is also appropriate for the behavior that occurs during this time of day! The other picture shows the girls having fun coloring on a box--it kept them entertained for about 30 minutes! Just proves the point that the box is often more fun than the toy inside!!

Here's to hoping the preschool cooties pass soon. . . . .

No comments: