Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Move Update--oh, and Happy Anniversary

We are preparing for the big move next week, and it is wearing me out!!! We close on Monday, they pack us Tuesday, Wednesday is a holiday (they apparently think they should get a day off:-)), Thursday they load our stuff (and pick up my new stuff!!) and then FINALLY on Friday they deliver us to our new home. Kelly has 3 days of residency left and it can't be over soon enough. It's hard to believe we've made it to this point. I had a person cleaning our rugs today and he asked me "Is your husband a doctor?" (he saw Kelly's med school diploma), and I said "Yes, he's a surgeon and has 3 days of residency left", he said "how long does that take?" and I told him, "4 years of college, 4 years of med school and 5 years of residency". He was floored and said "He must be real smart"---yeah, I guess he's "real smart" :-) It's been a long road. . . . . . but we are excited about the future.

Kelly and I are celebrating our 9 year anniversary today. All in all, including dating, we've been together 16 and a half years. Someone pointed out to me that we've now been together longer than we were apart (we are 31). What a gift he is to me and to our family and I am thrilled to celebrate this day--and many more!

Please pray for our family, my grandfather passed away today. He suffered for a long time, so it its truly a blessing for him, but hard for those of us left behind. He was lucky enough to be surrounded by all of his children (8 of them) when he died peacefully this afternoon. We'll miss you Paw-Paw.

I have lots of amusing pictures of the girls to post, they've been a handful lately. They are also going through (and will continue to) go through alot of changes in their daily lives, so I know some of the LOVELY behavior is a result of that. Lord, give me patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to get the pictures up soon.

No comments: