Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

**Updated to correct grammatical and spelling errors pointed out by my husband :-)**

It's hard to believe that the Christmas season is already gone! There is so much I want to tell you about, so I'm just going to post pictures and write along with them (that way my old brain won't get too overwhelmed).

We spent alot of time talking about the real meaning of Christmas. I want to make sure that the girls understand that not every kid is as lucky as they are. One of the things we did to emphasize this point was to pack food boxes for needy families. It was a test in patience and organization for the packers (simply because of the little helpers), but the end product was worth it!! Our church packed 500 boxes of food with essential food items and people lined up for blocks the next morning to pick them up. It certainly gave me some perspective on how blessed we are. Molly said she was "just amazed at how many people need food."





When they talked about Santa (which was quite often), I would remind them that the reason Santa was bringing gifts was to celebrate Jesus' birthday. We have a several "kid-friendly" nativity scenes that they enjoy playing with. One afternoon they thought Baby Jesus needed some entertainment, and I found them doing this. . .

Sadie has quite the imagination and had us laughing at the scenarios she created for Baby Jesus. One night while we were eating dinner, she told us that Baby Jesus had to go to the back of the hay because he couldn't behave. Another time she put Mary on the corner of the sofa and said that Mary had gone back to Bethlehem to have another baby because Baby Jesus was bored!!! She keeps us entertained, to say the least.



Molly's class did an adorable Christmas program where they all had a small part with one or two other kids. Molly was an angel, and she and her friend Lauren led the angel band. Libby and Reagan came to watch!




We made the trek to ride the pink pig at Macy's in Atlanta. I honestly think it's more trouble than it's worth, but somehow it's kind of become a tradition. Lenox mall completely stresses me out and my main goal is to get out of there as fast as I can. But the kids like to ride, so we go!






Making homemade cookies and homemade icing with Mommy and Daddy on Christmas Eve (Sadie fixed her own hair):




Granna and her girls in the Christmas dresses she made!





Christmas morning, headed down the stairs to see the goods:



Merry Christmas! Off to start taking down the decorations!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun on Christmas. I am SOOOO glad we made it up there before all the little ones got up!!

Jennifer said...

I loved seeing the pictures. Sadie's nativity ideas really cracked me up!

Emmy said...

I love Baby Jesus on the playground! Adorable!

Mindy said...

Hi. I came here by way of JMom. I just wanted to say hi and that I love the title of your blog.

I had never heard that saying until my middle girl was in preschool and now we all say it all the time. I also noticed that two of my girls are the same age as yours. Although I have one older daugther (7) and a baby boy(4mo).
Nice to meet you!
In HIM -
Mindy